A Fascinating Psychic Weekend at Esalen Institute
In September, 2003 at Esalen Institute, Big Sur, California I spent a weekend with Russell Targ and Jane Katra in a small group seminar titled: Remote Viewing and Spiritual Healing: Experiencing Expanded Awareness.
About Jane Katra:
- She holds a PhD in health education
- Has been a psychic spiritual healer for over 25 years
About Russell Targ:
- Targ retired from Lockheed Martin as a senior staff scientist, where he developed laser technology for peaceful applications.
- He is co-author of Mind Reach: Scientists Look at Psychic Abilities and The Mind Race: Understanding and Using Psychic Abilities, and more recently, Miracles of Mind: Remote Viewing and Spiritual Healing and The Heart of the Mind: How to Experience God Without Belief.
- He is co-founder of the Stanford Research Institute's (SRI) in Menlo Park, California.
Targ's personal experience stories and recently de-classified U.S government documents reveals that the U.S government's Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) during the "cold war" funded psychic remote viewing research through the Stanford Research Institute's (SRI). Hundreds of remote viewing experiments were carried out at SRI from 1972 to 1986. The purpose of some of these trials was to provide information for the CIA sponsor about activities in specific locations and buildings in foreign countries. These scientifically conducted experiments validated that psychic remote viewing is a common ability by many people. Also this over two-decade long investigation of so-called parapsychological or psi phenomena proved that the accuracy and reliability of remote viewing was not in any way affected by distance, size, or electromagnetic shielding.
In the Esalen seminar with Targ and Katra nearly everyone present was able to quite accurately use their natural abilities to remotely view objects hidden from them. The technique that you can also learn to do is described in its simplest form this way:
- Quiet the conscious mind. Mostly that means ignore the thoughts that come and go which are "self-talk". Just ignore the "chatter" in your head and focus on (i.e. wait and watch for) the intended target impressions.
- Watch for the target information to appear spontaneously. First impressions are generally correct. The intended target information will have a slightly different feel about it. Watch for that difference in feeling between the mental chatter and the real psychic information coming from somewhere else other than the conscience mind. By "feeling" I mean using any sensory system that you primarily use. Some people do not have a physical feeling for information but may hear or visualize their information. Simply put, some people are "feelersl", some are "seers" and some "hear" their information. This distinction in the ways people sense information was widely explored and explained by Dr. John Grinder and Richard Bandler, in a technique called Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) developed on the campus of the University of California at Santa Cruz. I attended NLP training with Richard Bandler from Aug. 3 to 10, 1979, and want to emphasize that psychic information comes in different ways to people. It helps to be a better psychic if you know in which way you best receive information.
- Trust your first impression as being correct. PhD's Elmer and Alyce Green did physiologic research (early 1970's) to find the common denominator for people from all over the world who could do extraordinary feats. Later abundant research has also validated that the common trait necessary for activating extraordinary mind and body abilities is first the belief that you can do it, and secondly, quieting the conscious mind and opening to your extraordinary powers coming from "somewhere else". This "somewhere else" is elusive and it is some times called "the subconscious" or psychic abilities. Some people call it a divine name. However, this remote viewing works the same way no matter which religion a person is or even if they are an atheist.
- Have good intentions.This power or extraordinary ability seems to only work when used for good intentions such as learning, healing, or somehow helping self or others. Doing it for greed (i.e. win the lottery) or to hurt someone brings no results or negative results.
So it appears that with the right positive attitude, high expectation and confidence, plus a quiet conscious mind almost anyone can access that psychic realm and do remote viewing. Just accept the first impressions that come which seem not to be normal mental chatter and have a special different sensory awareness.